NEW COURSE! NEW FORMAT!
Logic Pro X for Music Educators
Logic Pro X is the professional software from which GargaeBand was derived. It is the perfect step up from GarageBand and can be used in the high school through college classroom. Logic Pro X allows for high quality audio recording and editing, use of video and some of the best MIDI recording and editing capabilities in any Digital Audio Workstation. Widely used by professional recording engineers, music for video/film composers and contemporary music producers, Logic Pro X is arguably the most widely used software in music production across all genres. Logic Pro X is only available for Apple computers. A copy of Logic Pro X is required for this course.
This course incorporates the content and pedagogy for teachers to successfully implement Logic Pro X into their classrooms. Participants will learn how to use Logic for content delivery and other music classroom uses. The course is presented in a combination of live online webinars and the use of secure Learning Management Software (Moodle). Participants attend a live webinar session once a week for four weeks. During the week between the live webinars, participants will have access to additional course materials including readings, asynchronous video instruction and assignment instructions. Participants will be able to ask questions, exchange ideas, post their work (assignments), view and make comments on the work other participants and gain valuable feedback on their own work from other participants and the course instructor in the LMS.
What you’ll learn
- Record, edit, import, export and manipulate MIDI through the advanced functions in Logic Pro X
- Import, record, edit and manipulate audio using Logic’s FlexTime features
- Import and use video for multimedia projects
- Basic mixing techniques and tools common in all DAW and those specific to Logic Pro X
- To implement all these tools and techniques into lessons and units you can use in your classroom to teach basic and advanced music skills to your students
Who should take this course?
Best suited for high school and college educators. This course is for music educators looking to take their personal work and their student’s music compositions and experience with music and multimedia technology to the next level. This course is for music educators that are already familiar with and have some experience with the basic functions of sequencing software such as GarageBand, Mixcraft, Soundation, ProTools or other DAW. Although this is an introductory course to Logic Pro X, it is not a course for those with little or no experience using Digital Audio Workstations.
Experience using and teaching with a DAW such as GarageBand, Mixcraft, Soundation or another product is required.
- 4 x 75 minute live webinar sessions (if you cant attend a session, it will be prerecorded and made available to you)
- Practice tasks and assignments between sessions
- Post your music, get feedback, ask questions, network and interact with other course participants and the instructor in the Music Ed Tech Moodle Classroom
- Access to macprovideo.com for the duration of the course
Course begins on July 17, 2014 and runs for four consecutive weeks
• Live webinar dates: July 17, July 24, July 31 & August 7, 2014
• Live webinar time: 8 PM – 9:15 PM EST
• Moodle classroom will be open through Monday, August 18, 2014
• Final Projects due: Monday, August 11, 2014 with Final Comments from participants due
Wednesday, August 13, 2014
Attending all of the live webinar sessions is the best way to get the most out of your course. However, if you can’t attend a live webinar sessions, each session will be video-recorded and the videos will be made available to all course participants 24-48 hours after the session takes place. Even if you do attend the live webinar session, you can watch the video recordings as many times as you like.
Included in your course:
- Live webinar session notes including any reference sheets and charts
- List of resources to use in the classroom
- Access to the full library of macprovideo.com for the duration of the course
- Access to the video recordings of the live webinar sessions
- Professional development certificate of completion is available. Please check with your district about requirements and pre-approval before registering for the course.
- One graduate credit is available for an additional fee to the issuing university. Please click here for more information about graduate credit.
What you will need:
- A computer with internet access
- Headphones (optional, but allows you to hear the live webinar more clearly)
- A Mac with Logic Pro X fully installed. An older version of Logic may be used but will look and function slightly differently from Logic Pro X. For more information and to purchase Logic Pro X, go to http://www.apple.com/logic-pro
Cost and Payment Terms
Cost: US $295.00. An optional one (1) graduate credit is available for an additional $175.00 payable to the university.
Payment options for the course are:
- Credit card (via the Paypal website. No Paypal account necessary.)
- Invoice option available for schools and businesses in the US. Purchase order number required at time of registration
- Payment or PO must be received before the first course date. Please also note the course cancellation policy
- If you wish to sign up for the course, but do not yet have approval (a PO) from your school, please email me.
Music Ed Tech Cancellation Policy
Please review the MusicEdTech Cancellation Policy.
To cancel your registration for a MusicEdTech.com class, please use our Contact Form or send an email to: support(at)musicedtech.com
How to register
Registration for the course is separate from the optional graduate credit registration. Register for this course using the shopping cart at the bottom of this page. You will be given the option to pay via PayPal, credit card or a personal check. If you are paying via credit card, click on the PayPal option. You DO NOT need a PayPal account to pay via credit card. PayPal is the vehicle through which we collect and charge your credits card. There are no additional fees to you.
If you would like graduate credit, please register for the course on this registration site before processing the paperwork and fees to the university. For school purchases orders, please use the contact form to make a request.
One (1) graduate credit is available for this course through Ashland University. Graduate credit will be granted upon completion of all requirements. The tuition for one graduate credit is $175 paid directly to the university and registration is separate from the course registration at the bottom of this page. Please note Ashland’s refund policy:
- Full Refund: Within three (3) days of initial registration, a student may drop a class and receive a full re-fund of the $175 tuition paid to the university. The Ashland University Center must receive written notification within the 3-day timeframe. Please contact the university directly for a refund.
- No refund: After three (3) business days following initial registration and before the class is over, a student may be permitted to drop a class without refund of the $175 tuition. Please contact your instructor for details.
To register for graduate credit, please click on this link: Ashland: Logic X for Music Educators
Course Outline (subject to change)
Session 1: Getting started
- Exploring the interface – Windows and Menus
- Custom views
- Creating a project
- Track management
- Transport controls
- Saving, locating and opening a project
- Loops in Logic Pro X
- MIDI vs audio
- Setting up a MIDI input device
- Understanding and using the software sound modules
- Participant Q&A
Session 2: More MIDI & Student Projects
- Importing MIDI
- Recording MIDI
- Editing MIDI
- Exporting MIDI files
- Teaching with MIDI
- Examples of Lessons and projects using MIDI
- Participant Q&A
Session 3: Audio & Student Projects
- Introduction to audio
- Importing audio
- Recording audio
- Understanding the Audio Window
- Editing audio regions
- Flex Time editing
- Flex Pitch editing
- Bouncing files for play back
- Teaching with audio
- Examples of Lessons and Projects using audio
- Participant Q&A
Session 4: Video & Student Projects
- Finding video for school use
- Editing video
- Importing video
- Finding the tempo
- Beat mapping
- Using markers
- Exporting with new audio
- Teaching with video
- Examples of Lessons and Projects using video
- Participant Q&A
- Logic 101-001
- Logic X for Music Educators
- Product Options
# Option Price Download File Size Stock 1 Logic X for Music Educators $295.00 20